Job Title : Cost Control Officer
Job Type : Full Time
Salary : Negotiable
Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree
Location : Dubai
Country : United Arab Emirates
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
• Monitor and flag each of the critical line items and therefore support control of technical DMC (direct maintenance cost) budget
• Regular follow ups on all insurance and maintenance claims thereby ensuring all the receivables relating to Technical are under control
• Assist in developing new processes and solutions in order to streamline and improve Technical cost control functions
• Prepare regular monthly reports providing the status of various invoices outlining due/not due, queried/not queried balances across different functions with accurate aging analysis
• Support the preparation of the annual departmental budget through data analysis
• Ensure that all invoices are routed for approval in a timely manner and sent to accounts payable team for payment. Constantly follow up on the payment status via Oracle to communicate the same to their external counterparts
• Ensure all vendor statement of accounts is current, that there are no credit hold on their account with Etihad and thus enabling smooth flow of operations.
Job Requirements and Qualifications :
• Further studies in Business and/or Accounting Principles is desirable
• 3 years of experience with similar role in hotel or catering industry is desirable.
• Working knowledge of an ERP inventory system and F&B POS system will be an added advantage.
• A valid accounting degree from a recognized university.